Frequently Asked Questions


Who is eligible to live in your apartments?
Our properties are for applicants who are elderly or requiring the features of a mobility unit. Some properties can only accept the physically disabled while others only accept the elderly. Elderly is generally 62 and older, however, several properties are able to accept those 55 and older due to a temporary age waiver from HUD. Please refer to the properties section of this website for more information.

In addition, individuals will need to meet income limits, citizenship requirements and pass background screenings.

What do you mean by income-limits?
HUD gathers income information from metropolitan areas and counties to determine what the average income is for a specific area. Income limits will vary depending upon the demographics of the area of the property. To find out if you meet the income restrictions please contact the property you are interested in.

How do I get on your waitlist?
In order to get on a waitlist you’ll need to fill out an application and submit it to the desired property. You can print off an application from the “application” portion on this site or you may call or pick one up at any property. When filling out the application make sure that you don’t leave out any information, this will slow down the application process. If you have any questions regarding the application, call the property you are interested in for assistance in filling it out.

Can I see an apartment?
Contact the property manager to check for availability of units to show, if they have a unit available, they will be glad to show it to you.

What do I need to do to move-in?
Moving into a HUD subsidized property does involve a lot of paperwork but our managers are there to help you through this process step-by-step. The first step is to complete an application, this will place you on our waitlist. As we move through the move in process, some of the things we will ask you to do are:

  • Provide proof of your social security number
  • Provide proof of identification
  • Provide proof of eligibility; if you are elderly, you will need to provide proof of your age or if you’re physically disabled, you’ll need to provide the name of a doctor who can verify that you have a physical disability.
  • Sign a release allowing us to do a background check on you including criminal, sex offender, credit, and previous landlord history.
  • Provide income, asset, and medical expense information which we will verify to determine your rent
  •  You will need to sign a lease, house rules, pet rules, HUD forms, etc.

Remember, we will help you through this process as you prepare to move in to your new, affordable, quality home.

How long is your waitlist? When can I move in?
Each property has its own waitlist, some properties have immediate openings and others have a list of people who want to move in. Please contact the property you are interested in to find out the status of their waitlist.

How much will my rent be?
Your pay 30% of your adjusted gross income and HUD pays the rest as a subsidy. We verify your income, asset income and expenses and deduct a portion of approved medical expenses to determine your rent. At this time, a good estimate would be to take 30% of your income (example $1000 x .30 = $300).

Once you are ready to move-in, the manager will determine your exact rent and explain how it was figured.

Is there a security deposit at move-in? Can I make payments on the security deposit?
Yes, HUD requires that we collect a security deposit from you in full at move-in. It is equivalent to your portion of one month’s rent or a minimum of $50 at most properties. At Fellowship Manor and Wasatch Manor it is your portion of one month’s rent or a minimum of $25. Unfortunately we cannot make payment arrangements for deposits.

Do you allow pets?
Yes, we gladly allow common household pets. One dog or cat is allowed per unit in our apartment complexes. Dogs must be under 25 lbs and 18 inches tall. A dog or cat must be spayed/neutered, have current inoculations and be licensed if applicable. There are pet rules that you will need to follow.

Is there a pet deposit?
Yes, there is a pet deposit for cats or dogs, please check with the specific property for more information. If you are unable to pay the deposit in full at move-in we can make payment arraignments for the pet deposit.

Is this assisted living? Are meals included?
No, Danville Development does not provide services or meals for residents. However, most properties have an on-site service coordinator who may be able to help you obtain services.

Are utilities really free?
Yes, basic utilities are included in your rent. Basic utilities include electricity, gas, water, sewer and trash as part of your rent.

Is phone, cable, or internet service provided?
No, phone, cable and internet service are not included as part of basic utilities. Some properties have been able to arrange for discounted cable, please check with the property you’re interested in for more information. Wasatch Manor does provide free high speed wireless internet.

Do you allow smoking?
Due to health concerns of second-hand smoke, all Danville properties are working toward becoming smoke-free. Some communities do not allow smoking anywhere in the building; including Resident units and others communities still have some residents who were “grandfathered-in” who may still smoke in their own units. Smoking is not allowed in any common areas. Please check with individual properties for more information.

Can my family visit me?
Of course your family may visit you, this is your home. However, if you’d like them to stay for an extend amount of time, please check for restrictions.