Danville is looking for a Maintenance Technician to be responsible for preserving the great condition and functionality of a 55 unit family housing property in St. George, Utah. We’re looking for a “Jack of all Trades” who will skillfully perform a variety of maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, preventative, etc.
This is a Part-Time position, 20 hours a week. Days and hours are flexible and will be discussed during interviews.
A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
* Paid Time Off – Hours equal to 16 days per year to start
* 10 Annual Holidays (if they fall on your scheduled days)
* Your birthday off, paid
* 401K WITH up to a 4% Company Match – 100% vested upon entry
* Employee Assistance Program for you and your dependents (employer pays)
* Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, and be self-directed
* Interact positively and professionally with residents, employees, guests, vendors, etc.
* Ability to accept constructive reviews and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
* Ability to handle conflict and defuse situations appropriately and professionally
* You must own your own tools
* While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, reach, stand, walk, bend. You will perform tasks that require repetitive motion and eye, hand/foot coordination, hear and respond to inquiries from residents, employees, guests, vendors, etc.
* You must be able to lift 75 lbs. and the ability to work in moderate to heavy physical and environmental conditions both inside and out
* Survey buildings daily for safety hazards, repairs needed, and improvements
* Install, troubleshoot, and repair building equipment according to safety regulations and procedures
* Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure their proper functionality
* Perform a variety of repairs in apartments and common areas
* Preventative maintenance, perform general upkeep procedures, and maintain maintenance manual/records
* Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
* Communicate with supervisor on work needed and status of jobs, etc.
* Communicate and schedule vendors
* Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed carefully
* Abide by company policy manual
* Property maintenance experience, working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, painting, and patching
* Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
* Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
* Budget management
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to follow written instructions
* Ability to troubleshoot repairs
* Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
* Reliable transportation
* Valid driver’s license with two or fewer moving violations within the last three years
* You must agree to and pass a criminal background and motor vehicle report
* You must pass a drug test
Bonus Qualifications (not required, but helpful):
* Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
* Knowledge and or experience with subsidized housing
* Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
* How many years of building maintenance technician experience do you have?
* What is the highest level of education you have completed?
* Are you able to work in Saint George, UT 84790?
* Do you have a current driver’s license?
* Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?